Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tumblr-ish Lounge Space?

Share it Please
Hey Everyone!

As promised, I'm sticking to the schedule I brought out to you yesterday (even though it's Sunday when I'm writing this) which is going to be a bit of a struggle since sadly my winter break is now over

*Insert tears here*

But anyways, now that the holidays are now over, and the New Year is upon us, I always find it a fun idea to spruce up my room. Now, we actually completely redid my room over spring break last year, so this was kind of a minor thing to do, but here we go.



TADA! My room has an alcove space to it where my bed is that I spend the most time in. I've gathered my inspiration from several sources including Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube.

My bed is actually not on a frame, just a box frame. This allows for a lower bed that we intended to act as a couch when needed. My bedding is from Target I believe. (I can't be sure, my mom picked it up with me.) We also hung fishing line with little mirrors from my window using a curtain rod. It gives an awesome reflective-light-thing-look to the walls. (I can't describe it)


My entire room has a Old timey Parisan / Vintage Hollywood theme, but that's beside the point.

The frames on the wall have actual vintage fashion articles in them. These are from 1926 and are from a garage sale. Pretty cool huh?





I also just hung white Christmas lights over them to give some visual interest. 

(Plus they look really good at night time)

I also keep an owl stuffed animal, my laptop, and a magazine, this one being the Catching Fire edition of Us. (Best Movie and Book)




When I make my bed, I set the pillows up on an angle rather than flush against the wall which gives my twin sized bed a much larger and loungier feel. Just a preference, I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy.



On the opposite side, I just have an Eiffel Tower wall decal from Michael's craft store and a cork-board where I hang little memories and artwork. (The lanyard was my ticket to the opening night double feature Hunger Games/Catching Fire movie thing. Oh my god it was so fun) 



aaaaaaaaand yeah. I think thats it! I hope y'all enjoy

xoxo Kendall




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers