Hey Guys,
Today I bring to you my first (of hopefully many) fitness posts. Lately I have really been in the mood to just get healthier. Not to lose weight or anything, just for the lifestyle benefit. I would say this has been my mantra for the past month or so, and I'm already seeing improvements in my mood, sleep, and appearance. And get this, I am so not an athlete. So hopefully this will help out my other athletically challenged girls out there.
{Check out the blog on Thursday for a post on how I am motivated to continue to be healthy.}
Today however, I bring to you a few of my tips to get you started on your healthy lifestyle.
1. Get yourself some cute gear
-Pictured here are my shoes, yoga mat, and sunglasses. If you wear what makes you feel good, you'll be much more likely to actually get off your couch and go show off your gear. You don't have to spend a lot either! (Psst, those sunnies were $5)
2. Get yourself a planner!
-Use some sort of calendar, planner, or even your phone to write everything you want to do that day. For me, this includes the workouts I want to do and my My Fitness Pal daily journal. This will help you so that you can't "forget".
3. Find what you love
-I'll get into this more on Thursday with some options, but try out all kinds of things that you may or may not like until you find something you love
4. Don't restrict yourself
-You won't keep up with a lifestyle you can't stand. One of my favorite quotes is "One slice of cake won't make you fat just like how one salad won't make you skinny" If you want a piece of chocolate, have one.
5. Stay Positive
- Don't think about how badly your legs hurt while you're running, or how much better ice cream is than yogurt (which honestly isn't all that true but whatever) Think about how much better you'll feel afterwards. Think of everything as a journey and your final result as a destination
I hope this helped you all!
xoxo Kendall

No comments:
Post a Comment